18 May 2009

Happy 1st!

Yesterday marked the first year of marriage for Taylor and I. We spent most of it flying home from a great trip to upstate New York. (post to follow soon) It has been a great year- lots of adjustments and realizations about ourselves and many aspirations for a great future together. It's fun to look back at the pictures from that day- it was beautiful! Thanks to everyone who wished us well and who spent the day with us.
We took the top layer of our cake with us on our honeymoon so Taylor surprised me with this cake to celebrate our first. It is the same as our wedding cake was, almond poppy seed, and it is delicious! Looks like many nights of eating cake in bed for us.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So, I was too busy being a narcissist to remember that it was your anniversary. But to be fair, I barely remember our anniversary.

Glad the cake was still delicious!

And the Fun Bus was good times.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Can you believe it has been a year? Time flies. Congrats!

Amanda Finlinson said...

Congrats! Almond poppyseed...delicious! I honestly do not know what happened to the top of our cake! I think my family ate it...can you believe that! I loved your wedding! I can't believe it has already been a year!

Johnny and Kaley said...

Congratulations!! What a fantastic year you two have had. I hope you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear all about it! Can't wait to see you, I have truly missed you and can't get through work another day without you.

Mishelle Noyes said...

That is unbelievable! It's already been a year! Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversay, Happy Anniversary, Haaaaaappppeeeeeeee Anniversayr! (imagine me swinging my arms and doing the Red Robin dance)