24 May 2009

I have always loved the idea of remodeling and fixing up homes. I don't have any of the skills necessary to do this but growing up I watched my Dad build homes and fix things around our home so I figure that's my training. So when Taylor and I decided it was time to finish the basement ceiling in our house I thought 'if only I had the right tools' I could easily do it. Taylor just rolled his eyes at me and hired a friend of the family to do it for us. I was hurt at first, this is what I always wanted to do- build and fix-up. I moved on knowing that there are bigger fish to fry, like redoing the bathroom, or re-staining the deck. Those will be mine for sure. So if you've ever visited us for a Miss America party or a SYTYCD event then you recognize this before picture.


Now it looks like a cozy nook in our basement. Well, almost. We still need to paint it and finish the baseboards but we are very happy with the way it turned out. Also, after watching Bridger work so hard for multiple days sanding and taping and sanding some more I've decided to stick to my own skill set- if you know a nurse then you know what that is. Thanks to all who worked hard on it and made it possible.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks great! I haven't actually been downstairs in a while.

Jo said...

Looks fabulous!