30 December 2008
22 November 2008
1. Taylor- I had to wait a l-o-n-g time to find you and it's been worth every day!
2. Family- I'm so grateful to have a family who loves me and who has supported me in every dream and adventure. Now I get to add the Nelsons and with twice the love and support- how can I go wrong.
3. Paint Class- A new outlet for all my homemaking instincts. It's been so fun to make cute crafts for my home.
4. Quick Cooking Magazines- I love trying new dessert recipes and the last few months have been packed with em. Good thing I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and Taylor's training for the Biggest Loser- we both win!
5. Health- I've seen a lot of death lately (rough days in the ICU) and I'm glad my family and I are healthy.
I hope you take a few minutes to think of what you are grateful for- Happy Thanksgiving!
15 November 2008
04 November 2008
Can you say Troop Beverly Hills!! Shelly Long get out the way! As in the girl scout law- Heather is trying to make the world a better place! Thanks for all your hard work and for your delicious cookies!!!
Nick was going to make an appearance as Cher, but unfortunately it will be next year!
29 October 2008
24 October 2008
Taylor here. This is my first post to my blog and I am so excited. I know people have been waiting for months for this post. This post is dedicated to my mother. For those of you that don't know her this picture explains it all. My mother is one of the most amazing women and is probably the nicest person you will ever meet. I am going to write down a few memories of my mother and I hope that you will comment on your favorite memory of The Jode too. Here we go Josephine!!!
- I remember the Jode giving me tabasco sauce and hitting me with a wooden spoon as a child to discipline me.
- I remember the Jode making a fruit or veggie tray for me and my friends whenever we came over.
- I remember pushing the Jode through Disney World for days in her wheelchair while she had a bad leg. Heroic!
- I remember my mother cooking wonderful meals for the fam. Shepherds Pie was my favorite.
- I remember my mother wearing her pretty glasses and telling me that she was livid in high school whenever I was one or two minutes late after curfew. (Only one or two)
- I remember swimming with The Jode & Ronny, a cute dolphin, while on a family cruise.
- I remember going to the beach in Cancun with my mother and Aunt Linda. We looked great. I was in a bright yellow outfit while my mom was in lime green with a lovely green hat. Linda was wearing a purple outfit. Let's just say we looked colorful even though we were the whitest people on the beach.
- I remember my mother being caring as she picked me up from Magic Waters as I waited with the authorities.
We love you Jode. Feel free to post your favorite memories of the Jode. Luv u!!!
07 October 2008
17 September 2008
Happy Birthday Taylor! You are all invited to join the Nelson RockBand. Should be good times.
This program will replace the one that's been hanging on our fridge since last year. Heidi had a great year but now it's time for a new Miss Murray to reign.
Taylor was ready to catch every bit of talent and beauty. I will never forget how disappointed he was that the girls 'actually had talent' this year.
Joe, Les, Heather and Bret waiting anxiously to see if they picked the winner. In a surprise ending the one girl we all thought would never win ran away with the crown.
Here's to a great 28 and 30!
15 September 2008
31 August 2008
Taylor and his girl.
We had a fabulous dinner in Little Italy. We were famished after purse shopping on Canal. Those purse vendors had us climbing flights of stairs into vacant buildings for only the best faux. Gucci, Dooney, Coach, we got 'em all!
Taylor and I recently spent a long weekend in New York City with Linda and Smitty. It's been an annual event for the Smiths to hit the US Open for years but this was my first and it was great! Not only did we see great tennis, we went to a Yankees/Red Sox game, saw the Naked Cowgirl in Times Square, hit a few broadway shows and ate Black and White cookies!! Don't forget the great shopping at H&M and Macys. Linda and Smitty really took good care of us. I Love New York!!
28 July 2008
Not quite how we used to sing it when I was younger but exciting nonetheless. This past weekend we made our first big purchase as co-owners of a Ford Escape. It's pretty! Taylor has known the Protege would not make it through another winter with us- pause for tears- so we did some research and decided the Escape was for us. After a grueling three and a half hours at the dealership we brought our baby home. Now begins the struggle of sharing!
27 July 2008
We recently spent a night under the stars at Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville, Utah. We tried out our new tent which was a good home for one night. However it may need to be upgraded sooner than later- neither one of us could lay completely straight in it.
Taylor provided some entertainment with glo-sticks. Who knew even adults could find hours of enjoyment with them. They were still glowing the next morning!