19 May 2009

Wendover

Our friend Kristina recently reached her 31st year of Earth life and requested a celebration in, of all places, Wendover. I have never made the trek west and after the fun we had, probably never will again.This photo was taken after only about twenty minutes on the Fun Bus- which is why there are still smiles. After spending 90 minutes driving around the valley picking up a motley crew of "fun" goers and one desperate attempt to bail out at the last stop (thank you Leslie for being willing to save us) we headed out. The next two hours included free drinks, Bingo, and watching the lady in front of us get hit on by a creepy dude. This was the experience everyone told me I needed before I died. Really.

There really isn't much to do in Wendover. Taylor enjoyed himself on the nickel poker slots. Crystal Gale was performing the night we were there but we opted out. (I wonder if she still has really long hair- guess I'll never know)

I played the quarter slots because I'm a higher roller than Taylor. The slots were loose as you can see I made about ten dollars. Too bad they got it all back in blackjack. We will not discuss that- Gambling is bad.


Kristina's husband, Adam, works with the ambulance crew in Wendover so we were given a tour of their base of operations as well as a tour of Wendover city. Fortunately, Adam had driven out to work the weekend and so we were able to forgo the ride back to Salt Lake on the Fun Bus and instead left early with him.
Overall, it was an experience I will never forget. I can't wait to see what Kristina requests for next year's celebration. I guess if Taylor makes her go to Miss Murray for his birthday than we are equal. Happy Birthday Stina!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Looks you guys had oh so much fun :) Oh, and congratulations on your first year anniversary; you two are meant to be for sure! :)

Kristina P. said...

Hey, it was AMAZING!!! The best part was not riding the fun bus back!!