23 January 2010

Ready, set..... wait!

It has become very clear to me in the later stage of this pregnancy that I am not a patient person. At our weekly doctor visit we were told for a second time that nothing was happening by way of dilation or upcoming labor in any form. Not only that but my doctor has now changed his mind that our due date really should have been the 8th (instead of the 4th) and that he wouldn't consider inducing me for at least a week after that! I know I'm new to this pregnancy thing but I think babies should come when mom is ready. I have been very lucky to not have complications or terrible morning sickness. The only real gripe I have is that I've swollen up like a balloon. When I walk I can feel the fluid swishing in my feet. I thought my belly button popping in and out with coughs or sneezes was creepy- this is worse. I just hope that Graham will decide he's not as comfortable as he could be and finally commit to an escape. For now I've managed to direct my attentions to organizing and cleaning every closet, cupboard, or crevice in our house. Seems at least my nesting instinct is right on schedule. Here are a few pictures of Graham's room:
I made the wall art at my weekly painting class. They match the bedding.


The sock monkeys were from one of our many baby showers. People are so generous- we received a lot of great gifts.

Not my best picture by far but at this point it's hard to care. The bump!

Taylor's nesting instinct has kicked in as well- thus we are installing a bathroom in our basement. More on this to come.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I felt your pain somewhat right before I had Gavin. I'm glad I started dilating and such because I didn't want to go a week late either. If you need some baby time you're welcome to come over here and see Gavin and practice. I'm sending good vibes your way so Graham will come earlier than not.

Kristina P. said...

The nursery is adorable!~ And the sock monkeys fit right in.

Leslie said...

You look good! The nursery is so cute!! I especially love that adorable blanket on the rocker ;). Can't wait for baby boy Nelson to get here!! We love you guys :)

Rikki said...

I am getting impatient for you!! You are going to be such a good mommy!!!

Melissa Black Polteno said...

Congrats you two!!!! How exciting. :)

Cannon Family said...

You look great! The nursery is darling. I was a week over with Lydia and had to be enduced (not fun!). I'm really hoping this time around will be different. Hang in there!

jntpaulson said...

I love the baby's room!! So adorable!!

Jo said...

Such a cute nursery!!! It's adorable and you look fabulous, as always! The best loooking pregnant woman I've ever seen ;)

Jinksfam said...

Ahh that is so frustrating. The end of the pregnancy always goes the slowest. I feel ya! Hang in there! I love the nursery! So cute....and organized! And I love the name you picked for him. We cant wait to meet him!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Dear Melissa,
You are one amazing woman! It seems like yesterday you were blogging about black and blue toes and a marathon. Now you are this beautiful blooming pregnant woman. Your nursery is adorbale!! Good luck with everything! You look much better than I ever did on my last days of pregnancy. Kyle always had a knick name for me like Violet (after the girl that blew up like a grape on Willy Wonka) or Attack of the Killer Tomoatoes (reference to the only red dress that fit me in my last trimester and I was as big as a house) You look fantastic!! Best Wishes!

bella said...

ok...i am beyond jealous of the nursery! so cute! our babies nursery is a junk yard...still!!! i don't know what i will do when we move them out of our room...i will have to eventually get their room ready. :)