15 October 2009

Annual Loop

Fall is my favorite season and each year I greatly anticipate driving the Alpine Loop. Each year I try to calculate when the best time for viewing will be. Last year we were a little early and saw mostly yellow. So this year I tried to hold out a little longer- unfortunately giving a few wintry storms the chance to rush the color change. We still had a great drive and saw some orange and red where leaves were still hanging on. Love fall!

Heading up American Fork Canyon- most of the good colors were in the lower elevation.

Pretty bare up top but Aspens are still interesting to look at if you ask me.


Here's to next years calculations and hopefully more vibrant pictures.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Adam and I are getting professional pictures taken up Hobble Creek on Sunday. It will be lovely.

And Caitlin and I are getting together to plan your shower, tonight. Yay!

Leslie said...

I love your annual tradition!! I wish we did that - but we dont. maybe next year. We missed you guys tonight! pumpkin carving was not the same without you but we managed!