15 February 2009

Happy Valentines

This is what happens when you don't start trying to get a reservation for Valentine's dinner until three days before. We hit up the local Kentucky Fried Chicken- buffet style! It was good eatin and there's nothing better than gazing into your Valentine's eyes over a whole chicken carcass. As you can see Taylor demonstrating, it was 'finger licking good'.

Taylor made these chocolate strawberries. They were meant to satisfy my love of the Cummings version and ended up being very good. He is quite the little Martha when he tries.

I borrowed an idea from Erin and gave Taylor a jar of 'Why I love you' notes. It was a little on the cheesy sentimental side but I enjoyed making it and hopefully Taylor will see that I do appreciate him.

For my gift Taylor bought us new hardware for our kitchen cabinets. Just a little change to update the kitchen and I love them.

Before....

...after. What do you think?

Taylor also surprised me with these beautiful lilies.
We hope you all had a great Valentines Day.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love it. Seriously, I sort of wish we had gone with you. The food was good, but it was pricey! They jacked up the prices for VD!

And the strawberries were delicious. Thanks, friend!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Awwww! You guys are so cute! KFC...I love it! we had a weenie roast with the kids :-) Life is to short to spend $100 on a steak dinner.

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

KFC Again guys??? =)

Johnny and Kaley said...

How romantic, nothing says I love you like fried chicken. Love the new hardware, and Taylor you're welcome to bring some strawberries to Melissa anytime she works. Glad you guys had a fun night.

Leslie said...

I love your new hardware! Way to go on the installation Tay!! The strawberries look delicious! I will have to make some soon!