13 February 2008

In the beginning...

Since this is a new blog for us, I think it only appropriate to start at the begining. The begining of TNels and Mels. In the spring of 2006 I was returning to Utah from living in New York and, after a lot of looking, decided to settle at Stillwater apartments in Murray. At the time I didn't know I was moving into an area without a single adult ward. That meant I was 'graduating' early to the family ward! I hated my life! I tried to attend different wards but other Bishop's wouldn't take my records. So I succumbed (with a feeling I knew it was where I should be) and began to get more involved in my ward. It was a few months later that I met and began to work with Vickie A. in the Relief Society. One day she called me and asked if she could give my number to a son of one of her friends. I agreed. It was not the first blind date this ward had produced for me. Why not. I think it was a week or two before Taylor called and we set up a date. I was spending the weekend in Seattle with my parents and returned home a day earlier than planned which allowed for us to go out February 12th. I was nervous- as always when you have no idea who will be showing up at your door. I remember the relief I had when I opened my door and found a tall and cute guy waiting there. We went to dinner at Rumbi Grill and then a movie-Catch and Release. I had enjoyed the evening but didn't think anything would come of it. I remember talking to a friend that night and telling her I thought we would maybe be good friends but that's all. (I have to remind Taylor of this from time to time just because) The next day at work I received a text from Taylor thanking me for the night and suggesting we go out again. I agreed and before the date was over I knew I was interested. Now, one year later, we're engaged and our story is still just beginning.

No comments: